Wednesday 29 October 2014

2 Big Anna Maria Horner quilt finishes

Both of the quilts in this post are Biggies, both finishing at  90" x 85" 

Firstly is my Anna Maria Horner Herringbone quilt. I used this Maureen Cracknell tutorial it was super easy to change the size of the panels. 
It all started with a few strings thrown up on the wall

Once I got going Issabella got interested and her usual brand of
quality control was in full force.


Those panels really did seem to go on for ever!



I am really pleased with how this turned out, and I'm sure Him in doors is happy he finally has a quilt that covers his feet.


The colours in Anna Maria Horner's fabrics really do pop in sunlight :)


This one has been on my bed since I finished the binding, claimed by Him in doors as his own.

The other big finish was a custom request through my Etsy shop, the client loved This quilt but the size just wasn't right for her.


So after some back and forth between us we settled upon "similar but different"
So using Pure Elements in Ocean Waves, Patina Green, Verve Violet, and Parisian Blue as a starting point I pulled coordinating Anna Maria Horner fabrics and started cutting.


In all fairness there was no way my design wall was going to manage a 90x86 inch quilt! Sections are the way forward when pushed for space.


The fabrics when all pooled together make me think of a calming spa, very restful and just what is needed in a quilt. 


The quilt is now residing happily at it's new home :)

It was so nice to actually cut into fabrics I have been saving for goodness knows what. I still have enough AMH fabrics to make another 2 king size quilts, and I'm not afraid to use them! 

2 comments:

Chat away - I enjoy reading comments and will respond here or by email :)